Ashfield Girls' High School
Challenging girls today, creating women of value for the future
Admission Criteria for entry of pupils to Year 13
The Board of Governors expects that all applicants for admission to Ashfield Girls’ High School will support the ethos of the school as outlined in the Prospectus and that an application will indicate that parents agree to this precondition for entry.
The Board of Governors delegate to the Principal, or her nominee, those functions relating to the admission of pupils.
All information on record from a previous school must be available to the Principal before being considered for admission to the school.
For girls to be considered for entry into post - 16 courses they must satisfy all four of the following criteria:
1. Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C or 4 GCSEs (A*-C) plus 1 BTEC pass
2. Meet the entry requirements to the post-16 course set by the school for the subjects chosen
3. Have studied in year 12 at Ashfield Girls’ High School
4. Have evidence of attendance and punctuality of at least 90% in Year 12
In the event of the school still not reaching its quota after the application of criteria 1-4, then the final place(s) will be offered to those applicant(s) who:
1. Have the highest grade scores over their best five GCSE subjects
2. Live closest to the main entrance of the school (Holywood Road), as determined by a straight line measurement on an Ordnance Survey Map
Exceptional circumstances will be considered